Thursday, September 28, 2006

Habeas Corpus, R.I.P. (1215 - 2006)

Remember Amerika's Metamorphosizing Values? Recent developments...

Unbelievable.

Habeas Corpus, R.I.P. (1215 - 2006) It's only been 791 years, but WE know best. Time to go.

Molly Ivins was right. Say it again. Habeas Corpus, R.I.P.

Who in the hell are we? OR at least, who the hell are these people in congress? Retroactive immunity for torture and no rights of the accused...

Backwards, before the New Deal, beyond the Robber Barons, and onto 1214...back we go to the fall of Rome.

What a disgrace.

And now...beat this!!! As if that wasn't bad enough...get a load of this...

Spy time, too.

Geneva conventions, anyone? WTF?
History and this issue?
Ah, like, the Magna Carta?

Everything that has happened since the fraudulent 2000 election and the "cataclysmic event" of 9/11/01 has paved this road to nowhere. We are there.

Remember the PNAC? New Pearl Harbor?

Follow the black gold road. And now we are in serious, serious trouble.

Are we on the slippery slope? Remember Pastor Martin Niemoeller, Nazi Germany?

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

So will this be many of US?

We must not let it be so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Syrop said...

The article by Molly Ivans is chilling to read. People who support torture to help protect us are stupidly forgetting how easy it is for torture to turn on THEM. Like during the Salem witch trials, when one (non-witch) woman would report another non-witch woman, just to stop the torture.

Molly writes:
The bill also expands the definition of an unlawful enemy combatant to cover anyone who has “has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States.”

I wonder if sometime in the future my letter to the editor naming Bush as the enemy of the American people could be construed to be such support: http://www.zenhell.com/_v2/#Web_Log

September 28, 2006 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home